Header

Header

Thursday 6 February 2014

Eschalon Book I - Completed

It pains me to see so many people hate on this game for being "old school". This is how a true RPG should be done, turn based so you can do it at your own pace whether it be fast or slow. I thoroughly enjoyed playing through Eschalon Book 1, I started playing it in September time but never got round to finishing it, and I am really looking forward to picking up Book 2 someday.

The story is a bit bland if you may, but it is good enough to keep you going. The graphics may look a little outdated but they fit everything else extremely well, the sound effects and music are mediocre though.

The looting system was a big minus for me, considering it's completely random so I have about as big of a choice of getting a great big sword, as I do getting a health potion.

Overall this game is an absolute blast to play and I can easily recommend this game to anyone who likes old school RPG's. If you don't like them, you should give it a try anyways. it's a good game to get into the genre.



No comments:

Post a Comment