Header

Header

Monday 4 August 2014

Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag - Completed

Aaaaaaaaaaaand more Assassin's Creed. Due to the crappy whether this weekend, I hibernated inside and finished this game over three days. #nerdout.

I feel like this game tried to be something apart from an Assassin's Creed title. If it was anything other than an Assassin's Creed named game, it would be a very good pirate sim, but because it comes with the name and reputation that the series carries, it some times falls down.  The actual regular normal "on foot" gameplay techniques are a huge improvement over the predecessors. The combat seemed flawless and you can really wrack up some cool looking combos.

Being a pirate game, I would of excepted to of really enjoyed the captaining the pirate ship, and sailing one into the heart of battle, but it just seemed very clumsy and out of place in an Assassin's Creed game and I almost wanted to skip these parts all together if possible. I just didn't enjoy them. 

Story wise, very interesting saga. Enjoyed the story more than the others in the series. Maybe it's because I enjoy the whole pirate tales but it just seems to draw you in.

This was probably the most impressive game I have played graphically. The SLI Titans in my rig very rarely have to put any effort in, but they at least had to get out of bed to churn the beautiful graphics this game can produce. 

There is huge amount of side quests, missions, activities to complete and treasures to find. The main story for me took about twenty two hours to complete, so that in it self is pretty impressive. 

Another game that you can easily get immersed into by sitting back and playing with a controller on a big screen TV. 

Would I recommend this game? Hell yes! Although if you aren't a fan of sailing boats, you have been warned, there is alot of boat type missions. The overall game is very good though. The graphics are simply breathe taking.








No comments:

Post a Comment