Header

Header

Wednesday 2 July 2014

8BitBoy - Completed

Most will probably look at this game and think, "generic platformer" and pass it by. You are missing out, my friend.

I went into playing this with that exact attitude and I was so pleasantly surprised to find how well crafted this title is. Yes it is almost identical to Mario, but there are added features such as being able to shoot the bad guys with three different "stages" of boosts - Red, Green and Black. 

I found my self completed hooked as soon as I loaded it up. Each level can last between 2-5 minutes each, and will gradually get harder and harder. 

Xbox controller again, works wonders and makes the whole experience that bit more enjoyable. 

The game does over exaggerate a bit when it claims to have 16+ hours of levels to explore, I managed to clear the game in just under five hours. Still, I was not expecting it to take that long anyway! 

I highly recommend you pick this game up. It's so cheap, you would really need a good reason not too. If you want a Mario-clone on Steam, this is the game for you.  

Again, this was another one of those games where the Steam overlay won't work so I couldn't capture any screenshots. 


No comments:

Post a Comment