Header

Header

Thursday 26 June 2014

Stick It To The Man! - Completed

When I first started looking at this game, I was expecting a point-and-click adventure game, and I am not a massive fan of those. However I was taken by surprise. This is not a point and click adventure game - it's a platformer and a damn good one at that!

There are some really tricky platforming challenges throughout the 9 chapters. You will be swinging and jumping from platform to platform to out run the bad guys. The actual puzzles in the game are more trial and error, there were moments where I was absolutely stuck and couldn't work out what to do next,  and had to result to just spam clicking each object in hope something happened.

Control wise, very simple. I used the Xbox controller and had absolutely no problems at all. I can imagine it would be a little more difficult with keyboard and mouse, but name me a platformer that isn't like that.

The story is actually quite enthralling as well.  I didn't really think that such a simple looking game would have such a fulfilling story.  I couldn't wait to find out how the game ended. There are plenty of little "side stories" which all come with some sort of value to the puzzles as a whole.

The games definite strong point is the humor in the writing. I was laughing throughout the whole playthrough and if you like a good laugh while playing a video game, you will not be disappointed here.











No comments:

Post a Comment