Header

Header

Monday 28 April 2014

Finishing the Backlog and Moving Forward

First of all, please accept my apologies for not having posted anything within the past month. I won't go into too much detail but I have had a lot on in my personal life that took away any interest I had in gaming. Only in the past week or so have I found time to rekindle the interest.

I have been spending more time with friends, making new friends, going to the gym, taking classes in meditation, traveling and focusing more on my work. For the first time in a good few months I am feeling good about myself. Surprisingly everything that I have discovered in the past few weeks, I am okay with it all. I have moved on and made new friends out of the experience that I am extremely grateful for.

For a good few weeks I was under the impression that I had a problem, an addiction to gaming. But now I know it wasn't that, I was able to stop anytime I wanted, I chose not to though because I was unhappy, I was using it as an escapism mechanic. After this time out of gaming, I have realized a lot about my self.

I had completed my initial backlog of games a while ago, and I had lost all will to write about it because I was at such a low. The past few updates on this blog were actually from games that I completed a long time ago, and they were posts that I had saved in Draft form so I can post as and when I felt I wanted to.

I am not going to continue to write reviews for all the games I completed from where I left off, as it has been a long time since I played them I don't think it would be fair to write a review purely off memories of a game I played months ago. I will however continue to post updates on games that I play and complete from now on.

I have decided that I will not let my library of games get into such a state as it was before, where I had hundreds of unplayed titles overshadowing me.

These are the games that I have purchased in the past few weeks and I will not be adding to this list until  I have played/completed all of them.

  • Angvik
  • Aveyond Lord of Twilight
  • Castle of Illusion
  • Castleminer Z
  • Deadly 30
  • Family Guy: Back to the Multiverse
  • Finding Teddy
  • Guise of the Wolf
  • Hitman Contracts
  • Kane and Lynch 2 - Dog Days
  • Legends of Aethereus
  • LEGO Batman 2
  • Lego Marvel Superheroes
  • Omikron
  • Payday 2
  • Rust 
  • Skyborn
  • Summoner
  • The Bureau: XCOM Declassified
  • The LEGO Movie Videogame
  • The Typing of The Dead: Overkill
  • The Amazing Spider-Man

No comments:

Post a Comment